Saturday, April 21, 2007

Woh Lamhe..

There comes a point in your Life, where things seem just perfect. This is of course is realized in retrospection. When you look back, you want it all back, frame-by-frame. But, alas, you can’t get even a moment of it. Those were the times you were the happiest. You enjoyed the nonchalance, irresponsibility and just about everything that came your way. But not quite now. Things have changed. People went places.

Time: Fall of 2004
Place: Pune
Actors: V, G, H, R

I was with my college friend. Then a friend of that college friend came along. I thought what a geek. He offered me some “prasad”. I thought “oh! Come on” (no offences here, it’s just me!).
Then I saw the “brothers”. One was sweating profusely. I thought “are the skies gonna come down falling ?” I saw the “other” brother. I thought “What on earth is this elderly man doing with us kids and isn’t he too old to be wearing that?”

I ended with my college friend’s friend in the hotel room. By this time the geek seemed to be much lesser geeky than I had imagined him to be. So I thought shacking up with this guy would not be too difficult. I till day can’t believe that I used to rant till 1AM in just a couple of days of acquaintance. Hmm...Good. Once went to see what the brothers were doing. One was too busy sorting his stuff out and the other was too involved in preparing something off “puri”, which in retrospection makes you think “yeah, what else?”

We moved into a flat. Although this time my roomie was V, much to the chagrin of G. He had to shack up with the 9-inch nail (no offences again, he was a very sweet man but you know the types). And the brothers put up their tent together. Three moths went in a jiffy, with all the studying, boozing on the balcony, playing TT, pulling each other’s legs, christening each other et al. A bond had formed.

Time: Summer of 2005
Place: Pune
Actor: B

Probably the most special person ever to come into my life till-date. We got acquainted really fast. And before we realized that, we were watching movies, going shopping and eating out together.
A bond had formed.

It was like living a dream. I was surrounded by such wonderful people. When I was at work, B would be there and when I came back home V, G, H, R would be there. In addition to this there was a sign, K, BD and $. All in all it was a rat pack.

With such a group, weekends were bound to be fun. Most of the times I would be with B and in times other than that we would be in one of the heavenly places around Pune. Else it would be luncheons hosted at our place or at the sisters’.

There were times I would fall sick. But with such people around, you actually wouldn’t mind it. V, G, H, R would ensure that I would see a doctor and take medicine and food at the right times. In the evening B would visit to check on me. Half my illness would vanish looking at B. It seemed like an eternal bliss. Life could not have been fairer.

But just when you tend to think that, things start disintegrating. Maybe we had more than our share. It was the turn of $ to move first. Then it was the turn of R, then B, then H, then sign. All though some of them did come back, it would never be the same. Things hit rock bottom personally and professionally. The place, for which you longed, seemed so unwanted. The fun, passion had all gone. It was curtains to the rat pack.

Looking back I feel like asking one day more of such a life. Maybe even more. But such things can never be duplicated. Quite sadly, all good things have to come to an end.

They say you live your life in a heartbeat. Maybe it’s true. It’s that one heartbeat in the midst of a million heartbeats that makes this life worthwhile.

I just don’t have words to express how much I miss all these beautiful people. I know that I’m not the nicest person around, so if I ever have hurt you guys knowingly or unknowingly, please forgive me. And I wish all of them very best on the roads that they have chartered for themselves. I think I would leave it here; my eyes are getting a li’l moist. So long!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r forgiven ;)
btw good post.I miss those happiest moments too:( Hope to have some more of those moments.
-Shan

Santhosh said...

Thanks! Yeah, all we can do is HOPE!

G said...

tatashtu....

Some gr8 time ah?

know wat....ive got kashid in mind for this monsoon. Only the main actors...I know wat ur thinking

Anonymous said...

"The place, for which you longed, seemed so unwanted "-------- is this the LIFE ????
Oh Man...you made my eyes wet,What a blog!!!
This is how a simple blog touches you when it is written with such a genuine feeling...
Oh "P"...I am sure every Actor in your blog miss that beautiful time of our lives no matter where they are and what they doing...
Miss you too most !!!

Santhosh said...

@G: great times? they were the best times :)
Yeah, Kashid was one of the best. I don't know about kashid here but I hope you guys can do a Kashid there..

Santhosh said...

@A: First of all I didn't write it to make you cry!!hehe..cheer up..Shit Happens..
Jokes apart, feel really happy to know that it meant the same to everyone...

Vidya said...

Yeah…Those were the best days of my life!!! Nothing can bring back those days…
@G
Only the main players? Grrrr....
What were we discussing couple of days back??

Santhosh said...

Reiterating, nice to hear people echoing the same sentiments.

G said...

Vidya: I was referring to the main actors that time :)
Santu: Kashid will happen, maybe not this moonsoon, but soon... The trip would be on ayhay :D

saisree said...

Hey 'S'.... that was really a heart touching blog by you.. i hope we have another chance to celebrate those days.. i hope it will happen.. end of the blog my eyes were wet...

s@!sree

Beryle said...

Of late, I have been thinking often "Jod why did this happen.. why did things change".. but A's boring saying "Thats LIFE..we have to move on.." seems to be true.. Surely, we all had fun together, but only in the few weeks I was alone, I really started appreciating how special all you "actors" are.. we all are moving ahead in our lives, but I feel we all are in the same "inner circle" now :)

Santhosh said...

That's why they say "You've got to appreciate what you have, while you still have it"