Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Inevitable Question

What is that makes one truly happy?

Whenever I sat back looking at life, this is one question that I've asked myself over and over. I guess everyone asks this question themselves at one point or the other. So is it a dream house? A dream job? A dream car, perhaps?

I guess, the answer could be all or none. It keeps changing as we grow older. The things that make us happy are harder to come by as we grow older. Probably that’s the great trap of life. The pursuit of happiness is designed in such a way that we are never meant to arrive although there is an impression or a passing thought, that we have, like a dog chasing its own tail.

So what's really the answer to this billion dollar question? Is it just making peace with whatever you got? Or as someone said does the answer lie within? Or is it just out there blowing in the wind? I guess I'll never know.

Or maybe there isn’t such a thing as true happiness at all?

4 comments:

Aanchal said...

That's true there isn’t any such thing as true happiness... The opposite has to exist too right..

Raghu said...

....It never lies in the materialistic world !Atleast, i can say that !
Keep it simple in everything and everywhere....easier said than done, i know :)

Goks said...

Beats me too...

saisree said...

I feel true happiness is within you.. but u need to believe in urself to discover that...