Friday, April 17, 2009

Rain Down On Me

The city got its first bit of serious rains of the year tonight. The locals have been wanting this more than the elections or the IPL. With the mercury ever so rising to levels never observed in almost half a century, the showers came as a much needed respite.

The most welcome rains are those that break the stinky summer sweat. It truly is one of those small things that bring great joy.
Here, when it rains, it pours. And when it pours, it takes the electricity with it. And this annoys the oldies at my house cause they can't see another of their "favorite" child sing or the evil MIL plotting something against her DIL.
But I think being "powerless" takes the attention away from the mundane things of our lives and it gets us to notice the wonder of the rains.

The experience of the tonight's rain was simply sublime.
The smell before the rains reminds me of the summer vacations of the childhood. As the rain starts to fall perpendicularly to the ground the tempo of the sound increases. This drowns out the noise of the vehicles. There is not a hint of wind. The motionless tree looks like a work of art with the aurora and the rain in its background. The rain drops weigh down the floating dust particles and nails them to the ground. I stand at the window as drops of rain ricochet from the leaves of the plants and onto my face. I just close my eyes. I feel it giving me a complete wash down and draining all the jadedness.
I feel revitalized.

3 comments:

Viky said...

yako santu...???

Santhosh said...

haage summane :)

Aanchal said...

Wow !!